Soon I will be starting my Round the World journey and joining Team Unicef to race from Australia to the USA, so I wanted to remind you why we are fundraising for Unicef.
Unicef is the world’s leading children’s organisation, ensuring more children are fed, vaccinated, educated and protected than any other organisation.
Unicef operates in 190 countries round the world, including every country on the Clipper Race route. They have done more to influence laws, policies and customs to help protect children than anyone else in history.
The Clipper Race is helping Unicef do whatever it takes until every child is safe. With the help of crews and sponsors, we can make sure that more children grow up happy, healthy and strong. We can help put an end to preventable disease and the tragic, needless deaths of children. Put an end to hunger to ensure every child gets the nutrition they need. Put an end to violence against children to ensure every child can grow up in a world free from abuse. And with your help, we can help make sure that children get the help they need when disaster or war strikes.
Together, we can build a safer world for every child.
Please use the purple Justgiving Sponsor Me button to show your support.
All contributions go towards achieving our overall fundraising target for Unicef of £300,000 – which by illustration could buy all of the following life changing items and services:
- 200,000 Polio vaccines
- 50,000 Measles vaccines
- 5,000 blankets to keep babies warm in hospitals and refugee camps
- 25,700 mosquito nets to help protect families from malaria-carrying mosquitoes
- 300 bikes to get children to school
- 100 schools in a box to provide emergency schooling for 40 children in disasters
- 64 water pumps to provide clean safe water to entire villages
- 890 emergency water kits
- 20 temporary schools or health centres for survivors of natural disasters
- 1,000 emergency nutrition packs.